Telecommuting Sports Mom Must Haves!!!!!!!! The chief criteria are:
- quality at a reasonable price
- flattering…this might be the most important!
16 – 17 Sports Mama Post-Mortem
Things I was right about:
- Fit gear is more comfortable to wear than real outfits…
- Great sneakers are a must.
- So are knee boots with rugged/safe soles.
- Outerwear that can be shoved into a bag is also a must!
- It’s colder at outdoor athletic events…it’s wise to be prepared.
- Huge purses are cuter than sloppy backpacks and totes.
- Waterproof or at least water-resistant are awesome…umbrellas are just too much sometimes…
- Hair extensions make quick work of getting ready.
Room for improvement:
- Pack healthier snacks.
- Bigger hats for hair extensions.
- Thanks Paw! [hear in Opie’s drawling intonation!]
- Leave sooner to prevent rude rushing and impatience 😉
- Take a blanket.
- Get a good seat.
- I don’t even know where to start…
- Normal coats and jackets don’t work at these events…my CK raincoat, though super cute and timeless, was so cumbersome and just didn’t work…sweat-wicking, water-repelling, and wind-cheating are needed!
- Also – who wants to stink up or ruin their good coats? Not me.
I don’t care how many moms [or others] traipse around in their cute outfits…I semi-hate being outside to begin with, and def don’t want to be outside and miserable…so I will have a track capsule:
- light jackets
- moderate jackets
- down filled jackets
- (weather here is SO random)
- wicking tops that are long
- heat retention tops that wick and are long
- wicking leggings
- heat retention leggings that are also wicking
- boots [comfortable but cute]
- scarves [stylish to be a bit less blah]
- Lululemon pants
- Lululemon top
- New Balance ‘heat things’
- Longer tops as per above
- A good stadium seat or whatever it is called