Three brands to try – two of which may be done locally…not sure about the third…
- Kendra Scott because pretty basics are low-cost per wear and add that extra to dress up other basics!
- Draper James because I love those Southern looking things that remind me of my family.
- SW – because they have most amazing quality [returned the Thighland because they looked horrid on me BUT the quality of the boot made me sad to do it…but who keeps anything unflattering?]..
Not today and likely not this month or the next…but…I’ve had my eye on all for quite a while…dupes are fine, but for something I keep wanting – it *may* warrant investment – investigation in the least.
I love my statement necklaces – but I want something a bit simpler for everyday when I don’t feel like the heft of a statement necklace or earrings. SO – I think Kendra Scott will be the first.
Is Planned Shopping the Key?
I’ve already refined what I like…weeded out things that aren’t functional enough…gotten real with myself about what I will and won’t wear due to comfort, style, movement, etc.
Yet…there is still tons within my parameters…so…what now? Plan. If planning isn’t the magic key – it will at least help.
Hierarchy of rules[that border on being inane lol] combined with planning things out [actually putting them in my planner as a focal] is my next step.
LESSON LEARNED – parameters aren’t enough…and I’m sure planning won’t curb completely either…but…while I am relying on God to help with this ‘less shopping’ lifestyle that doesn’t excuse me from doing my part. From where I sit today, finding strategies seems to be a good start.
I guess it is trial and error until I find what actually works!
Can’t consider new stores & brands without evaluating current ones!
- NYCO seldom works for me lately…only earrings of late…and a ruana.
- EXP – still good, always good!
- F21 and the like – too big a hassle to bother with on MOST occasions!
- So far, so good with LOFT and Ann Taylor; tho the bulk isn’t from there.
- BR is great save for jeans.
- GAP is decent for the few things I get there…
- Old Navy – okay for a few things…NOT jeans.
- VS & Aerie – good for what I get…not much more.
- Nordstrom – not as much of a go-to as I thought – I return much more than I keep.
- J Crew Factory – still love for classic/preppy things…and easier to do than J Crew without a sale!
- Macy’s – still love for shoes and baubles.
- Dillard’s…got real peeved at them for a stretch – but some of their things can’t be beat…but very little comes from here.
- Given non-free returns, I don’t much love Lord & Taylor – save for deals and things I know will work…= no tax!
- Lucky – rocky start, but my new fave summer shoes are Lucky Brand!
- Jack Rogers – new and still considering…love but how much given the price???
- UGG – only one pair – but I AM SOLD. They feel like a dream.
- Marc Fisher – great OTK boots that are close dupes for SW.
- Bag brands – Kate Spade, Coach, Ralph Lauren, Fossil, and Lucky…still loving.
- Rag and Bone – love the booties…haven’t tried much else.
- ASOS has cute stuff – but on me…MEH.
I don’t think I could be a one-stop-shop type of woman…too constricting and limited! Especially as I am already limiting myself!
Others to consider later:
- Michele watches
- Pandora rings
- James jeans
- Earth Bound Trading
- Clare V
Wish List Items…some are pipe dream level wishing:
Gucci belt ~ Chanel Boy ~ Mink Cape ~ LV Damier ~ etc.