Temps vary in the Semi-Southern Pre-Fall 😐 AM cool -> Afternoon warmth -> PM cold.
- OTK boots
- Rag & Bone booties
- Cardigans of all lengths
- Best are by Zella
- HUE embodies mediocrity
- Worst are by Express [pilling on first wear is UNACCEPTABLE]
- Best are by Express
- GAP is passable
- Worst are by Banana Republic
- [for my build]
- Simple tops – knits and cotton
- Swing dresses
- Sometimes cozy means bulky…not a good look for me.
- Cropped sweaters need to be fitted…lest they enhance shoulders that don’t need enhancing.
- Waist cinching is a must in pretty much every outfit.
- Leggings are more comfortable than jeggings when I lift a lot.
Aesthetics & Comfort
- I wear my faves more than my not-faves.
- SO -> I really need to assess comfort and versatility before purchasing/keeping.
- Ruanas elevate leggings…need to attempt belting one [works in pictures].
- Still feel like they aren’t pants…
- BUT -> they tuck into boots and feel better than jeggings/skinnies.
- Not all cardigans are flattering.
- Belted is ideal.
- Cropped and fitted in thin knits are good.
- NO bulk.
- Be mindful of lines and how certain things ruin a lean look.
- OTKs draw the eye up [beware of bunching at the knee]
- Knee boots can look weird…perhaps they are best with tucked or cropped tops?
- Skin directly underneath OTK boots = sliding…they can never be comfortably tied tight enough to stop it…layering = friction.
- Of all the OTK boots, the wine ones are my faves and have been worn the most.
- The Noble boot sucks as far as comfort is concerned…gets loads of compliments but I need a serious siesta when I take them off.
- I’m debating selling them – they look good on and I wonder if they just need breaking in.
New and pretty are always tempting…but I have things that I find utterly useless despite how cute they are…it’s hard to stop shopping…but I am approaching [as in not quite there yet lol] having too many things.
As this month ends…I’m really taking inventory…sharing with shelters and selling a few things. Of course Infant has first dibs where things are age appropriate. 🙂
I’m just more than a bit convicted about my pile of stuff. Guess the Lord convicts in waves…I’d be crushed if it came all at once!