Upgrade the daily look via certain basics [well they are my basics and definitely major players in any capsule I plan]:
1 – Bold/Statement Toppers
- Pretty capes
- Coats with pretty details
- Bold cardigans
- New denim bolero with bronze beading [street fair find!]
- Need -> blush or grey moto
I have much – but if I were to add on…it would be limited to casual elegance that is easy to wear and fits my lifestyle. I hate driving in coats, so capes are great – movement is restricted. I like Kimonos for elevating jeans and a tank.
Toppers are an easy way to make an outfit feel cohesive and planned without all the effort.
2 – Great Shoes that Look & Feel Good
- Harrow – black or tan
- Margot – grey or tan/walnut
- Ghillie flats – blush or black
- OTK suede boot
- Suede knee boot
- Paulline wedges – black and nude
- Need -> slate OTK suede boots
No outfit is every great if the shoes aren’t. The end.
I feel pretty solid here save for one wishlist pair of boots 🙂
3 – Accessories
- Statement necklaces
- Long and layered necklaces
- Cute earrings
- Statement rings
- Bold scarves
- Pretty bags
- Long extensions – yep, fake hair is the best hair – IDK how it is so low maintenance but it is…especially for a fit girl!
- Need -> grey bag
- Need -> Leo Sandrine
I keep a stash of add-on items and it is rather huge. I don’t believe in that one-year rule for getting rid of stuff in general BUT even if I did, I wouldn’t for accessories. I have found that heavy items don’t get worn as often and cheap jewelry doesn’t hold up…so why bother with those.
Whether it is top & bottom or a dress – I always try to have all three. Great basics make dressing easier.
Note to self -> you really need nothing -> be grateful 🙂