Great Goal Getting [at least times 2 for really BIG ones!]!
Anything short of perfection or love and I am sending them back!
This is beyond a huge splurge for me [and I’m not shopping lol – well I’m not shopping for redundancies lol]…but I think they will fill a grey boot sized gap quite well.
I’ve found outfits…most can be done with items in my Current Curation of a Closet.
- I love grey!
- They are also a very pretty shade of grey if my monitor is to be believed…we have no Nordstrom.
- They go with dresses. I’m willing to bet on dresses of varying lengths at that.
- They go with jeggings and leggings.
- In addition to my youthful visage, Infant is taller than I am – so I really try to create a divide with my style.
- If Infant and I are in jeggings/leggings, I step mine up with footwear and accessories.
- They go with skirts. I really think they will make minis more modest.
- They can also be worn under slacks since they fit the leg so well.
- OTK may seem trendy [this concerned me initially] – but – I’ve wanted these boots for 2 years at least. I also have several others and I prefer OTK to just K…OK 🙂
- When I get this way about something…I think I need to consider it more carefully to be sure – like really sure. I was the same way about the Harrow boots. Years.
- It’s cheaper in the end to get what you want initially so you buy less stop-gap items that still leave you wanting!
- 23.5″ shaft. I am over tired of boot makers thinking 17-18″ is OTK…it is only at the top of my knee [NOT over] when my legs aren’t bent.
- It rather irks me when people assume short stature means short appendages.
- Hugely irks me. Proportions aren’t limited by height. 😐
- This might be better for taller gals.
- Versatile – casual and dressier…PTA events…school events…church…sister dates…dinner dates…outings where dressing well matters [sports events don’t require quite this scale!].
- Doable heel -> <3″.
- Sleek. I love shoes but honestly, I gravitate toward clean lines and modern classics over statement shoes. I like statement shoes but I never get the bang for my buck. Perhaps on a super huge sale. I like these and these – but again, I wouldn’t get the same wear as the grey. Statement necklaces are a cheaper option for bold IMO.
- Marks the end -> if they are awesome and I keep them -> of Fall Shopping. I literally need nothing…and really need to scale back to ‘not shopping’ as I had planned.
I got the following tips from a Nordstrom video [scroll to the bottom]:
- Tonal layers keep things sophisticated -> suede perfects a polished look.
- Update skinnies by covering most of them up and pairing with a favorite top.
- Wow factor -> mini skirt that flashes just enough leg [for me a slip] with a simple top that lets the boots do the talking.
None were new ideas, but verification can be nice.
Note to self -> you are so DONE shopping.