In an effort to reflect more – I hope to recount, weekly, 11 things of note, if only of note to me 🙂
- Great bible study at YouVersion. [Hope the link works 🙂 ]
- No shopping outside Poshmark [doesn’t count because I spent my balance and not new money! More like a trade!]. Prayed…still praying…but I’m pleased. I even found something to return (hideous CK moto).
- An unguarded strength is a double weakness…Satan can get you anywhere – roaming lion remember?
- Safe People by Townsend and Cloud so far is a GREAT book…illuminates the reason for some of the errors in judging people.
- Unsafe people tend to fall into 3 categories -> Abandoners, Critics, Irresponsibles.
- Sorry is as sorry does. Talk is CHEAP. [needed to be reiterated].
- The little foxes (Song of Solomon 2:15) ruin the vineyard…aka -> watch out for compromise that seems small but will lead to greater. Sin doesn’t want to be your pet – it wants to own you.
- I really want the Thighland in Slate…and after discussions with my accountability partner, I will go for it in the near future! To me, this is a forever item in the right shade, and the right quality -> birthday, Christmas, met goals, etc. I also think it will help me weigh possible purchases until I buy it-> do I want this as much as the Thighland…so far, a lot of NOs.
- Powder keeps my feet from sticking to my shoes (Harrow’s don’t work well with socks yet – need more breaking in around the instep)…who knew?! LOL
- Home to Harmony [another book] is uplifting with lots of wise nuggets so far!
- Weave closures are not my favorite…easier but annoying to bother with…
- Dry shampoo for brunettes is kind of gross when sprayed into the hand [recommended by a stylist!]…it looks like asphalt powder.
- I think the Lord is testing me in how I respond to people I find annoying. I’m surrounded by too many for it to be coincidence. Apparently it’s a test I’ve failed a few times according to my girl J. 😐 Braggarts, Moaners, the Needy, BrowBeaters, Naggers, etc. GAG. -> -> -> I really need to come up with some canned responses and practice my face in the mirror. Adults that don’t ‘adult’ well…always a challenge. Or a really good blank stare that is devoid of the contempt I tend to feel towards silliness.