If I had perfect confidence I would tastefully wear what I wanted without concern for a less than perfect figure. I would, for example, not concern myself with:
- Does this make me look fat?
- Do I look lumpy?
- Are my hips asymmetrical?
- Do I look short and dumpy in this?
- Is this too much for my age/job/life/etc?
- Is my cellulite showing?
- What happens after I eat?
- Is Back Fat Betty showing?
- What about Tina the Talking Tummy? [hate the word tummy but White Chicks was hilarious – TV version far less vulgar – well just less vulgar!]
I like my shape and focusing on performance keeps me from nitpicking and getting lost in my finer feelings pertaining to imperfections! However, it is in my high strung type A nature to be a goal oriented problem solver. Shapewear helps with that – but I recall the days of thankless thinness. I was thin and didn’t thank God for it – rather I was an arrogant twit. 😦
Now that I must work at it (humbling)…I’m mindful. Lesson learned lol…
Note to self -> whatever I am that is good, ideal, etc. is by God’s grace!