I am looking forward to fall…perhaps not the morning darkness but the brisk air and tasty treats…and plaid, leather, boots, & layers! I have outfits I am excited to try…for some reason boots and jeggings are easier than jeggings and sandals/superstars…it’s just too hot for pants!
If I plan ahead, getting ready will be that much more expedient. Expedience is key in a busy life. This that help with expedience [I like that word today 🙂 ]:
- Knowing what works and why
- What -> what to reach for
- Why -> determine viability of alternative courses
- Checking the weather
- Considering the physical extent of what I’ll be doing
- Sports Mama = need comfortable shoes
- Church = frippery is a good idea if I sit mostly
- Mall Mama = comfort (!)
- School Mama = cute comfort [some discomfort is allowed]
- Etc. Etc. Etc. [as per the King & I]
- How fat I’m feeling -> stretch!
- Sore muscles -> soft items that are easy to wear
- Allergy or Asthma Muddling -> not likely in the mood for anything but comfort
I’ve yet to wear the dress I have more than once…I ebb and flow with regard to corpulence and general lumpiness [not low self-esteem but no misgivings about my mediocre at best dietary predilections]. BUT…I’m determined to lean out a bit more though curves will still abound 😐 …OTK boots, black superstars [need!], Harrow [in love but need to put moleskin on the instep because the stitch rubs unpleasantly], and black all-stars [mine have white soles – maybe Infant will let me wear her black ones lol yeah right].
I would benefit from, but I won’t buy…yet, the cross tank, straight hem fitted dress, and Berets/tams….OH and Kate Spade kitty accessories! BUT – I’ve got similar items…I used to be good at using what I had vice buying…find the similar thing and sate the sartorial desire…guess shopping is a lazy way to a good outfit that doesn’t encourage creativity or ingenuity… <- that’s me learned.
That D&G purse…but I have structured bags…I just have to muster up the courage to wear the dress 😐 It takes NO bravery to place an order – but to strut in bodycon or even semi-bodycon… 😐
What can I do with what I have…and what would I do if I had a plaid skirt or a leather mini skirt…and a cute bomber! Needless to say – there is always something to want. But my aim is to see what I can do with what I have…so
- No bomber -> but I have plenty of motos and cardis
- Sleeveless trench is black
- No leather skirt -> but I have other black skirts
- No floral skirt -> but…maybe I don’t need one – how often do I wear skirts anyway?
- No burgundy cardi -> but I have TONS of neutrals and other colors
Be grateful Red!
Maybe a Sports Mama outfit! Works for anything I’d do on a normal basis.
I just need to workout how to make jeans hug at the waist too…and dispense with the gut 😐 mid-rise and high-rise are only forgiving of so much 🙂
That extra half an inch makes the difference…great accessories and great extensions. I’m not huge on much makeup – eyes and lips mostly…I like the above – the Express Barcelona camis are a great sub for the much more expensive Tibi ones…and due to sales, I have a fair few…that I need to put to use.
I got this [G. Lopez voice]! SMC – what, what?!
Emotion says, I gotta have it and I can’t live without it one more second…logic says:
- I flat-out don’t need it – I have something similar.
- D&G bag [exact] -> KS bow bag
- Leopard cross tank -> tons of Barcelona camis
- Leather skirt -> black skirts galore
- I have something similar but it must be replaced. Does it have to be now? If yes, what is the best replacement with a balance between quality and cost?
- Time to use cleverness
- This is really something I will regret not buying.
- Dagger necklace! Must have!
I just need some chilly weather to try all these ideas – lest I forget!
*****I wonder what the fall basics are for other ladies?????*****