Shopping is fun – but since I am not shopping, I need new fun things. I squat, deadlift, swing, etc. I enjoy pursuing fitness – for both vanity and performance.
Vanity in that:
- Appearance is important
- I want to eat much of what I want and not look like it
- It is more than a bit fun seeing people goggle at me when they realize how much I can lift 🙂 (lesson not to judge!)
Performance in that:
- Stamina for daily life
- Ease of moving things (I shift furniture a lot)
- Watched pots don’t boil – focusing on performance prevents micromanagement of visible change
- More goal oriented as having a target helps hugely
- Motivation for consistency
It also is a great activity to spend time and energy in a godly manner (generally – mean mugging rude people happens, and etc. but for the most part a very healthy and benign activity) as it is good stewardship over both my body and health. Fitness also encourages a better state of mind…with caution and focus on form – the benefits are amazing. Why did I wait so long…I guess so I would be serious about Infant starting earlier in life!
Having mastered many of the big lifts and always wanting to learn more – I was (and am continually being blessed) blessed (God provides even the things that I think won’t matter to Him – see here) to begin learning Power Cleans. They are very complex, very challenging, and very intense. Due to this, I just [wrongly] assumed it was off limits without expensive training. Thank God He provides despite my incorrect assumptions and estimations 🙂
I think I will be working hard at it until I get it – and then it will become the thing for running days 🙂
Fascinating and challenging! I’m in love with a new power move!