- Clothes – minimalist
- Clean lines
- Solids more than prints
- Versatility for high mix and match ability
- Shapes that work
- Modern classics
- Accessories – maximalist
- BOLD necklaces
- Scarves [goal -> increase usage]
- Fun tights
- Invest in few but really great clothes [currently on restriction]
- In truth, I need nothing [and closed a sale window after loading up a shopping cart – yay me!]
- Statement necklaces are a very economical way to add variety and drama/edge
- Scarves are always on sale [i.e. end of season clearance]
- I’m fairly certain 20% of my items get 80% of the wear…
- Knowing the above, I can’t do Sparse Spartan either…but…there must be balance and good stewardship…some fun but not excessive. Everything in moderation!
- Fashion says me too but style says only me…I need to internalize this and fall in love less with new offerings (the Bible says the heart is desperately wicked – so knowing better should be reflected in my shopping habits!) 😐
33 “Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it. 34 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
- This is the way to reduce the closet clutter and save money -> great but fewer basics with economical but also great accessories!
- I only need, or can only justify, the quantity that allows me to be appropriate, modest and quickly ready for all life events that I know about in advance!
- Going forward:
- Reduce the happenstance of one-time wears [utter waste]
- Limit trends to accessories and precious few at that
- Buy only that which works well with what I have in five cases
- 100% fit and flatter – no compromise
- Use Pinterest and Polyvore to find new ways to use what I have
- Be random!
15 Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”
I am on guard 🙂