God sent His only, unique Son while I was a sinner. So what else won’t He provide?
I know these verses aren’t about shopping, but in light of there being NO division between secular and spiritual, I’m grateful for provision – not just of needs but of wants too. Good deals on what I want always feel as if directly from God. I feel I am fair at deal finding, perhaps even excelling sometimes, but I know at the end of the day, God gave me the skills I use and arranges things for my good. The deals are from Him. I don’t deserve anything else…so all this extra has me drinking from my saucer as a former co-worker used to say!
- You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. John 15.16 NLT
- And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11.6 NLT
- And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4.19 NLT
- For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.
He gives us grace and glory.
The Lord will withhold no good thing
from those who do what is right. Psalm 84.11 NLT
- For it was I, the Lord your God,
who rescued you from the land of Egypt.
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things. Psalm 81.10 NLT
- Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry,
but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing. Psalm 34.10 NLT
- What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you? 2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. James 4.1-2 NLT
- And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. 1 John 3.22
All through the bible I see that He provides…in His time and in His way. In my life it usually seems very unexpected. Some that occur to me today are:
- $100.00 tips from wealthy patrons when direly needed
- Favor with people where I had no expectation of any being that I was an outsider
- Job after job with salary ascension as a novice
- The greatest hand-me-down clothes at whatever size I was when it was needed…for me and my offspring
- A family of friends no matter where I lived (I’m friendly with shy tendencies)
- $500 boots for $50
- Kind words when I was feeling at my worst
- The parents I was born to (I have no misgivings, this has made reclaiming my life that much easier)
- Passing my Security+ exam on the first try (super nitty-gritty technical detail is tough stuff IMO)
More recently, I hadn’t realized until chatting with one of my best gals that I got several shoes for $15.00 more than I was willing to pay for a certain one of them (thanks to Poshmark and #NSALE). Only God can make such a thing happen so seamlessly that I don’t realize it until I reflect on what was seeming to be spree-behavior.
I’m rather pleased about the above shoe capsule – hits most needs. I’d wear none in the snow, but I work hard not to be out in that (shoveling is a workout though and I have the applicable gear). Same for rain.
In reflecting I also realize that despite my struggle with being annoyed by needy people [like really annoyed], everyone deserves kind words…never know how badly they may need them. That and given how richly I’ve been provided for, why can’t I do some providing? Words are free. I think Joyce Meyer says we are blessed so we can be a blessing. I really need to think on that – furiously when around the needy. We’re all needy for something.
If I am really grateful, I’ll pour into others (especially from the overflow). 🙂