- The boot is awesome. I love the black, the grey were just damaged – the seam on the right boot is stitched crookedly.
- I have a 7 on order but I think it will be too short.
- All the 7.5s are gone! And now the 8s are too – yep, I want it that badly – thick socks and inner soles type of bad!
These boots are every bit as good looking as the bloggers have shown them to be. They are a darker grey which I love…well loved -> past tense as they are boxed up and will be given to the postman posthaste.
I can’t deal with the crooked seam – I am that picky – besides I didn’t pay for faulty craftsmanship 😦
I am beyond bummed because despite not wanting the grey initially, I really want them now…like really, Really, REALLY want them…perhaps I will find a flat grey boot to love and care for 🙂
Notes to self ->
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. — Proverbs 3.5-6 NLT
- For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. — Jeremiah 29.11 NLT
So, if I am to have grey boots…and I know it is a small and inconsequential thing…but trusting in the small and inconsequential things tends to require larger amounts of faith as it’s easy not to trust for things that can be manipulated by human effort…I can find another pair…pay a bit more…make a wrong size work…I’m not doing that. For me to shop less, means to trust God more. Trust that I will have what I need, be able to fit and use what I have (donating items that are now too big vice hoarding for a future fat day – how pessimistic is that lol), and not work against what is a ‘no’ or ‘not right now.’
My course is ->
- If the 7 works, keep it. And I mean after all my usual
- If the 7 doesn’t work and a 7.5 comes available before the sale is over – I will have them.
- If neither of the above, I will wait. The Lord always provides what matters. If He doesn’t provide in this, He has already been SO good to me. I will miss not having them, but I won’t complain.
My aim -> Must be both dark grey & real suede – and also versatile fitting with existing items.
I can hardly believe I was not initially moved by the sale – sometimes outside perspective is needed – like here and here. I need to do better about seeing a bigger picture. Thinking on the following in advance and while shopping, heeding the Holy Spirit and using logic not sentiment:
- the next season
- the holiday season
- filling holes
- seeing all the holes vice just the obvious ones
As this was the first time I’ve gotten into the the #NSALE I feel I did fairly well in the end. Next year will be even better. I’m going to keep better lists, do better analysis on my own personal style, and gift lists.
Bummed but good. 🙂
7.28.16 — 7s fit but had the same ‘seam issue’…c’est la vie. Back they go!