Trendy is also the last stage before tacky, as per Karl.
I try to be reasonable in my decisions over what is offered to me each season. Will it fit, flatter, work in my lifestyle, and make sense? If not, perhaps I should let that one pass me…lest I too be tacky! 😐
Some trends and styles I think I’ll have to pass on:
- The off shoulder trend on my broad shoulders
- Wide legged trousers given my short stature – regular or cropped
- Any flowy or unbelted tent-like garments – my waist must be visible lest I look large
- Cropped flares – I can’t see that working on a short hourglass with skinny ankles
- Leggings as pants (sans long bum covering top) – vulgar in the extreme on me
- Mini skirt suits – where would I even wear this?
- Jeans with back pocket details
- Slip dresses – the result is sloppy and dowdy…perhaps a cardigan and a belt?
- 80’s shoulders – ugly then -> ugly now
- Socks with heels – had a relation that was always the stimulus for giggles for this trend so it would be hypocrisy on my part 🙂
- Form fitting clingy materials – not even with the best shapewear 😦
I won’t do these either, but they are tempting – I’m kind of swooning for velvet, bell sleeves and corsets…so Guinevere from Merlin! It would be fun. 🙂
Note to self -> THINK! Things can look prettier on the model in the browser window 😐
Not shopping…for those at least 🙂